[Durham INC] no ideas yet...

Randy Pickle rwpickle at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 02:07:08 EST 2010

So out of this collective bunch, you mean no one has any ideas of how the
City can reduce spending and save some money? That's hard to believe.

So you didn't like the idea of getting rid of some human assets. So let's
look at physical ones. Here's something that has been mentioned. Sell some
parks (we have 66 I believe). It shouldn't cause any alarm for those in
Northgate, Rockwood, Forest Hills (or any of the parks built in bottoms and
being mostly in a flood plain), but look at Duke Park. It's high and dry and
full of beautiful mature oaks. What a pretty subdivision that would be. And
there are others parks that are less desirable because of their location,
yet able to be sold and developed. And then there are yet other parks that
we can never come-out on selling because of the Federal funds used to buy
the land (this makes it more expensive to sell them; breaking even on their
sell would be lucky). How does getting rid of Duke Park sound? Hey, it's for
the greater good. Perhaps employees are looking better all the time...

Come on folks, this is where an idea might just make the ends meet. Instead
of posting ideas by a Pulitzer Prize winner (for his 3rd world economic
work; he thinks  those getting unemployment checks stimulate the economy; I
doubt the 15 million plus people who are unemployed think that...),
brainstorm on some cost cutting measures. It all adds up! Maybe paying more
taxes is fine with you; it's not with me.

RWP
27 Beverly