[Durham INC] Poetry Council of NC contest (May 22 deadline): for all age groups (including elementary and middle school)

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 20:31:42 EDT 2010

Last year I entered this contest (Poetry Council of NC, multiple categories) and read my winning entry (in the traditional poetry category) at poetry day at Catawba college.
I took my 7 YO daughter with me to Poetry Day (in honor of the contest participants), and we both had a wonderful time.
The program was wonderful, including winning and runner-up readings from high-school students and adults, a wonderful lunch, and live music.

The contest is open to elementary and middle school students this year, and the deadline is May 22. Here's the link:
http://poetrycouncilofnc.wordpress.com/page/2/

For more info on the Poetry Council of NC, see this link:
http://poetrycouncilofnc.wordpress.com/

I encourage any and all to participate, as it is a very rewarding experience, and Catawba College is less than an hour's drive away :)

This is a marvelous opportunity, particularly for elementary and middle school kids.
I hope you will spread the word to your kids' teachers and encourage them to have their classes participate.
And please help spread the word, particularly to teachers :)

Sincerely,
Melissa Rooney