[Durham INC] Thanks Durham Citizens (City)

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Wed Mar 24 21:43:13 EDT 2010

I learned two weeks ago, and it was confirmed today by the Solid Waste
Director and Josephine (?; in charge of disposal for Solid Waste), that
for all these years I have been a subscriber (and perhaps you as well) to
the Yard Waste Program (and paid for my brown carts and the yearly service
fee), the Citizenry of Durham (City) have picked up the tab for my
disposal costs. I just wanted to thank all of you non-subscribers of the
Yard Waste Program for doing so. Without your tax dollar contributions
toward this, I guess it would all just pile up somewhere...

Solid Waste told me today that they could use another 200 Yard Waste
Program subscribers in order to make the ends meet better. So if you've
been a subscriber and just haven't renewed, or never been a subscriber,
now is your chance to help them (and the tax payers) out. You're already
paying for the disposal for everyone who is a subscriber, so why not join
in the fun...

Other news out of Solid Waste is that the new Yard Waste Facility is
supposed to be up and running next month (at the same location as the old
yard waste dump; over the hill from the transfer station). So Virginia
won't have to dispose of our yard waste anymore...

RWP
27 Beverly