[Durham INC] Posting Not From Durham: [pac3] Durham Circular Vitalization project enters the next phase

Blalock, Amy Amy.Blalock at durhamnc.gov
Thu Apr 1 10:45:35 EDT 2010

List Serv Recipients:

Please note the below explanation if any of you received the original
fictitious posting from earlier today.

Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 10:37 AM
To: City Council; Department Directors Only
Cc: Bonfield, Thomas
Subject: Posting Not From Durham: [pac3] Durham Circular Vitalization
project enters the next phase

Mayor Bell, City Council Members and Department Directors:

The information below was brought to our attention this morning  Please
note this news release was NOT issued by the City of Durham, and the
information contained in the release is fictitious.  Apparently, it was
the sender's failed attempt at an April Fool's joke.  The sender, who
was contacted this morning, says that he sent it to only about 30
people, but to our knowledge it has been passed to PACs 1 and 3.  If you
have any questions or concerns, please contact the Public Affairs Office
at 560-4123, x11229.

Thank you,

Beverly B. Thompson

Public Affairs Director

[pac3] Durham Circular Vitalization project enters the next phase

Thu, 1 Apr 2010 04:18:22 -0500

Blahlock, Amy <Amy.Blahlock at durhamnc.gov>
<mailto:Amy.Blahlock at durhamnc.gov>

Blahlock, Amy <Amy.Blahlock at durhamnc.gov>
<mailto:Amy.Blahlock at durhamnc.gov>

CITY OF DURHAM
Office of Public Affairs
101 City Hall Plaza
Durham, NC 27701

News Release

For Details, Contact:
Doug Knuckleheim
Associate Public Affairs Director
(919) 452-3286
Doug.Knuckleheim at durhamnc.gov <mailto:aprilfools at ett-idesystem.se>

For Immediate Release:  April 1, 2010

DURHAM, N.C. - Due to the success of the first phase of the Durham
Circular Vitalization project, the City of Durham is proud to announce
round two.  Woodcroft Parkway will be the first street to receive
additional traffic circles, expanding the use of this highly successful
traffic flow measure from one to nine.  Traffic circles have been found
to be the most effective way for traffic to flow, and will also beautify
the community.

"We are very pleased with the response from the community.  Woodcroft
was found especially receptive to the Durham Circular Vitalization
project, maybe in part to the high number of immigrants from other
countries where city planners have already made extensive use of the
traffic circle."

This project was funded by a federal No Child Left Behind grant.  The
City of Durham is an equal opportunity employer.