[Durham INC] Better Draft of April Minutes

Steve Graff slgraff at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 09:32:17 EDT 2010

On Apr 28, 2010, at 11:28 PM, Lorisa Seibel wrote:

> - collecting accumulated liens for housing violations and directing funds to housing and housing enforcement

I was just talking to a neighbor about this very issue this week. We NEED to start collecting on the accumulating fines that irresponsible landlords have piling up. To not do so says that the city does not care about crappy housing.

If these landlords don't pay, we need to foreclose on their properties. If state law won't allow this, well then, we'll need to change state law.

A law with no teeth is no law at all.

Steve Graff
President
Old North Durham Neighborhood Association
http://www.oldnorthdurham.com/

slgraff at gmail.com