[Durham INC] Preservation Durham needs you! We are short some docents this year - would you volunteer?

Ellen Dagenhart dagnhrt at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 29 11:33:29 EDT 2010

If you would like to volunteer as a docent please contact Chasie
Harris at chasieh at nc.rr.com or Betsy Lovell at eglovell at att.net
Docents receive a discount on tour tickets.
This is our biggest fundraiser, and we depend on a lot of volunteers
to make it happen.

Please join us for the 14th Annual Old Durham Home Tour on May 1st.
2010 Tour Returns to Hope Valley May 1

TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS !

Join Preservation Durham members and friends on Saturday, May 1, 2010,
for the 14th Annual Old Durham Tour in Hope Valley.

We first explored this beautiful historic neighborhood in 2002, and it
proved to be one of our most popular tours! In December 2009, Hope
Valley was named a National Historic District, and the tour will
include some of the homes that were listed as contributing properties.

Tourgoers enjoy Preservation Durham's annual tour at their own pace,
exploring year by year the many neighborhoods that make Durham unique.
Each building on the tour is staffed by friendly and well-informed
docents to make the tour more interesting and enjoyable. Exchange
advance tickets for a tourbook and map or buy tickets on the day of
the tour at Preservation Durham's Tour Headquarters Tent at Hope
Valley Square, by the Post Office at the corner of Shannon and Old
Chapel Hill Roads. Present your tourbook at the door of each house and
collect marks from all the houses you visit!

Ellen M. Dagenhart, ABR, e-Pro, GRI, SRES
MailTo:dagnhrt at mindspring.com
Marie Austin Realty, Durham, NC
1204 Broad Street, Durham, NC 27705
http://www.marieaustin.com
Office  919-286-5611  FAX  919-286-2252  Cell 919-475-1719
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ellen-dagenhart/2/8a7/642
[]

Check it out! http://www.durham-nc.com/www.wheregreatthingshappen.com