[Durham INC] Pauli Murray Project Community Dialogue May 13 - One Week From Today

John Schelp bwatu at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 11:04:02 EDT 2010

The Pauli Murray Project Presents

Our City, Our Stories
Community Dialogues Inviting Diverse Durham Stories

All Durham residents are invited to attend to share their stories and enjoy free refreshments.

Thursday, May 13 --  6:30 - 8:30 p.m. at the downtown Durham Main Library.

The Pauli Murray Project’s goal is to empower Durham's residents to see our "whole past," as Murray suggests in her book Proud Shoes, giving equal attention to our successes and our conflicts. She sees history, not as something to hide, but as a powerful tool for shaping the future. Let's share our stories with our neighbors and build a better Durham by creating a safe place for open dialogue.

More Info: Pauli Murray Project in One Minute

These community programs are supported by a grant from the North Carolina Humanities Council, a statewide nonprofit and affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities.

Barbara Lau
Director, Pauli Murray Project
www.paulimurrayproject.org

****