[Durham INC] Letter to Editor wrt Planning Department's reversal on 751 Assemblage

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 16:36:14 EDT 2010

See the Herald Sun letter at the link below. I don't understand how our planning department, and even more how our county commissioners, can even consider approving this (or any rezoning) that will not commit to future requirements regarding the Jordan Lake Clean Up rules and requirements. I recall at a previous public hearing that these developers said that the water coming off this development will probably be cleaner than the water that currently rains and flows directly into Jordan Lake. If they are so sure that their development won't result in runoff that will further damage Jordan Lake, why won't they commit to abiding by the Jordan Lake Rules when they come into effect?

Here's the link:
http://www.heraldsun.com/view/full_story/7375028/article-May-10--2010?instance=opinion_hs_letters

Cheers,
Melissa (Rooney)