[Durham INC] Requesting Duke be courteous neighbor

Laura Drey lkdrey2 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 16:56:00 EDT 2010

I find the sound coming from Duke¹s campus to be too loud. I have made four
requests of Duke (see below) to turn the volume down on their PA system and
to give me, and perhaps the nearby neighborhood listserves, advance warning
when events on its campus are expected to be noisy.  At this point I have
not received a response from the university or the Durham Police Department.

Have you had on a personal level, or does your neighborhood association have
experience dealing with Duke that might help me with this situation in my
communicating with and dealing with Duke? I will have to work with the
university soon on their wanting to naturalize a stream on their property
that runs behind my house so that I would like to have good working
relations with the university. Your suggestions that created acceptable
relations with other influential businesses and organizations might also be
useful.

Laura Drey

---------