[Durham INC] P.S. Stream Buffers

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 6 10:14:48 EDT 2010

I looked at the technical papers that were sent to the EEUDO committee.  They are still on the Planning Department's website.  I would call the benefit of an extra 50 feet an "inconvenient truth" (like the climate crisis, something it pays some people find it profitable to question).  An extra 50 feet cuts the amount of nitrogen, particles, etc. by a factor of at least 2 and sometimes a factor of 4.
I think the statistic used in the newspaper article is basically "picking your science."  Even if it is, it means that 50 feet about cuts the amount of stuff going into the creeks in half.
Regards, pat