[Durham INC] Riparian Buffers--BOCC Agenda Item

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 8 16:35:02 EST 2010

This is on tomorrow night's BOCC agenda should anyone care to comment (see
below). I cannot attend this meeting, but I'm not sure the majority of the BOCC
would care to hear my comments on this anyway. At the very least, please email
your county commissioners (right now) and support the increase in stream buffers
from 50 to 100 feet. Pat has clarified that these buffers would not apply to
urban, in-fill situations. Our water resources need all the help they can get,
and remember that the EEUDO (citizen/developer committee that recommended these
changes) was comprised of at least 4 members of the development community,
including the National Home Builders' Association (Frank Thomas).

If you live in the city and can attend the meeting and speak in person, that
would be ideal.

beckymheron at nc.rr.com, brendahowerton10 at yahoo.com, ereckhow at gmail.com,
jbowser2 at nc.rr.com, mdelanopage at aol.com, mruffin at co.durham.nc.us
(remove any spaces in the above email addresses)

Thanks!
Melissa

Public Hearing – TC0900008 – Riparian Buffers

20 min.

The Board is requested to conduct a public hearing and receive public comments
on the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) Text Change – Riparian Buffers
(TC0900008); and

To adopt an ordinance amending the Unified Development Ordinance, incorporating
revisions to Article 3, Applications and Permits; Article 6, District Intensity
Standards; Article 8, Environmental Protection; Article 15, Enforcement; and
Article 16, Definitions.

Resource Person(s) :   Steven L. Medlin, AICP, City-County Planning Director;
Aaron Cain, AICP, Acting Planning Supervisor; Julia Mullen, Planner

County Manager’s Recommendation : The Manager recommends that the Board conduct
a public hearing on the proposed UDO text change and, if appropriate based on
the comments received during the hearing, approve the change.