[Durham INC] Governor's plan to cut the number of commissions

Free Spirit freespirit0623 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 16 11:22:36 EST 2010

Yes, I would have to say that anyone who isn't paying attention to Durham's
boards and commissions isn't paying full attention to Durham.  The fact that
so few pay attention to most of these entities strikes me as a much bigger
opportunity for mischief than a cut of any number.  In any case, I don't
think a number tells you very much.  If 90% of the boards and commissions
are providing little to no value, then a 2/3 cut is not nearly enough.  If
90% are providing good value, then a 1/4 cut is too much.

I would be interested to hear what knowlege and experience people on this
listserv have of the different boards and commissions, in Durham and/or at
the state level.  I myself am in the middle of a learning experience on this
issue.

Julie Omohundro
Durham, North Carolina
freespirit0623 at earthlink.net