[Durham INC] Fwd: Current Submittals

Mel's Yahoo Mail mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 12:04:42 EST 2011

See below.

> As discussed at the INC mtg Tues night, the property adjacent to the 751 South project ( the Turner Property ) is seeking a right of way dedication. Remember that the 751 South folks used a right of way dedication to defeat a valid protest petition against very dense rezoning for this parcel adjacent to Jordan Lake. I've little doubt that Mary Turner and family hope to increase the density and commercially develop her land as well...either that or put dense residential here, arguing that the 751 south project clears the way for more such changes in this area. Planning Staff may be forced to recommend this due to the precedent set by the 751 south development, regardless of the professional opinions of planning staff.

Please write mayor bell, the city council, and the board of county commissioners, and ask that Durham stem the tide of this wave of more suburban sprawl, not only in what little is left of south Durham, but also in what little remains of Durham land adjacent and near the impaired water of drinking supply Jordan Lake ( which we taxpayers will be left to clean up, as required, with a huge bill ).

Melissa