[Durham INC] FW: Updated Info on Regulatory Reform Hearings

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 15 11:17:06 EDT 2011

The special committee from the General Assembly has these "listening" sessions for gripes on state regulations (mostly environmental, but also workplace safety, building standards, etc).  The closest one is Raleigh.

However, they do have a website so those who can't afford to take a day off can also file their comments. http://www.ncleg.net/Applications/RFC/?id=3  It looks like you can even submit comments anonymously.

I think it would be great if their website got flooded with comments such as:
1) Support for more energy efficiency in buildings
2) Comments on dry cleaning clean-up from those affected in Durham
3) Requests for better storm water standards, especially if the current ones are causing flooding and other costs to you
4) Complaints about developers not doing enough to take care of the traffic they generate

They are looking for complaints from business about how existing regulations are affecting their bottom lines, so I think comments on how lack of regulation is affecting your wallet would be very useful.

Regards, pat

All,

This is still subject to change, but here's the most up-to-date, and what I think is probably the final itinerary for the Regulatory Reform hearings.  All hearings are from 1:00-3:00.

3/21 Charlotte, Harris Conference Center @ Central Piedmont Community College, 3216 CPCC Harris Campus Drive.

3/28 Guilford, Koury Hospitality Center @ Guilford Technical Community College

4/4 Greenville, Pitt Community College

4/15 Hendersonville, Blue Ridge Community College

4/21 Raleigh, General Assembly building