[Durham INC] Herald-Sun article: Monthly garbage, recycling fee sought

TheOcean1 at aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Tue May 31 13:00:11 EDT 2011

I've always believed that there are a great many illegal yard waste dumps
annually. These are nearly impossible to see because they blend in with the
leaves {unless they are in bags}.

Charge for garbage collection and the resulting dumps won't be anywhere
near as invisible!

I seem to recall the figure $450 per ton ~ the amount it costs the Impact
Team to pick up an illegal dump site. That was many years ago. I learned
that  while serving on a committee to address illegal dumping that had become
an over  night sensation due to a short lived raising of the tipping fees at
the  dump.

Those fees were instantly reduced, but it took awhile to catch up with many
 of the illegal dumpers who hadn't learned that the fees had gone back down
 because they were no longer visiting the city dump!

Hope we don't have to learn that lesson the hard way ~ all over  again.

Bill  Anderson
REALTOR

919 282-8209  Cell
919.324.3911  fax

www.SeagrovesRealty.com

In a message dated 5/31/2011 12:25:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,