[Durham INC] Diane Catotti is running!!

Will Wilson willwilsn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 20:14:17 EDT 2011

IMHO, great news!

Here's her letter from her website,
http://www.dianecatotti.com/

Dear Durham Citizens:

I have been honored to serve you and the City of Durham on the City
Council since 2003. Because I have a strong desire to continue my work
on Council and keep Durham moving forward, I have decided to seek
re-election for an At-large seat on the Durham City Council.

As I promised in my previous campaigns in 2003 and 2007, I have worked
hard on Council. I have been open to citizen input; thoughtful,
reasoned, and fair in my decision making; and an effective leader on key
issues. I am consistently well-prepared for and present at Council and
committee meetings – where so much of the work is accomplished behind
the scenes.

I have been a leader fighting for:

     stronger and safer neighborhoods
     more safe and affordable housing
     stronger zoning regulations and housing code enforcement, and
     expanded job, recreational, and after-school programs for our youth.

I have fought for and supported additional funding to:

     address deferred maintenance needs in City streets, facilities,
fleet, and parks
     revitalize downtown Durham and surrounding neighborhoods
     strengthen our law enforcement capabilities
     fully fund our transit system and plan for future expansion and
light rail, and
     make Durham a leader in sustainable growth, to reduce energy
consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.

These are a few of the many accomplishments I’m proud of.

With the help of my colleagues on Council, we’ve accomplished a lot, but
there is more to do. If re-elected, I will continue to provide
leadership in support of the issues I care most about: affordable
housing, reasonable land use and planning, environmental sustainability,
effective fiscal management and accountability, and expanded
opportunities for our youth.

Please support me in my re-election effort. I need your vote and your
support to return to Council to continue my hard work for you and all
the citizens of Durham.

I look forward to continuing to make good things happen in Durham.

Thank you,

Diane Catotti
--
http://www.biology.duke.edu/wilson/