[Durham INC] Subsidizing Save-A-Lot

Matt Dudek matt.dudek at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 15:32:35 EST 2012

John,

I think you nailed it. I think the unintended consequences of this
development is really problematic. Thanks for sharing.

Matt

On Tuesday, January 10, 2012, Darius Mercedes Little <
Darius.M.Little at alumni.unc.edu> wrote:
> Dear John:
>
> Thanks for sharing your letter.
>
> I'll make my thoughts brief:
>
> (1) In my opinion, any development in that corridor would be a positive;
especially a grocery store that serves populations other than those
targeted by Los Primos.

> (2) The role of Community Leaders, whether one is a PAC Leader, or
Organization leader is to stay abreast of activities within the
City/County, and help mold the process thereafter.

> Your letter seemed to tell the Mayor, Council and Workforce Development
staff that because you weren't consulted (I state you specifically bc you
listed your titles to them), initially, that the decisions thus far as not
valid.

> As INC President, I believe you should not have expressed an upfront,
personal opinion on the matter.  Moreover, I feel that as with all other
issues, the organization should discuss them and then approach elected
officials.

> Given how active Councilman Woodard is in INC, I just don't see how the
letter was useful, nor how it will help INC down the road in effectively
engaging in dialogue with these same individuals to whom you've blasted.