[Durham INC] How to distiguish the motivation?

Christine Chamberlain christinebbd at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 13:17:37 EST 2012

As long as they're successful in both situations, what does it matter?  It's free enterprise, something
that should have been brought to the public school system decades ago.

I have to ask, have you read the news lately?  Bev says "we have no money for schools"  "I'll raise taxes to get more money for our schools"... headline after headline explaining how broke we are in regards to education.  Who in their right mind would think there was MONEY to be made running schools in NC?   Charter schools have to file lawsuits to force NC to hand over money due them.

For 15 years a check and balance has been in place, if a charter school is failing to do the job, they lose their charter.    If a franchise is making money and doing a good job, what on earth is there to complain about.  If a franchise is making money and doing a lousy job, they get closed down.  End of story.

Christine Chamberlain