[Durham INC] Neighborship

TheOcean1 at aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Mon Feb 6 13:10:51 EST 2012

Having met  with, and chatted with, Hartmut numerous times, it is my belief
that introducing  a new system will seriously disrupt the listserv system
that we've accidentally  put in place over the years.

In fact,  that "quilting" term he mentioned probably came from our
discussions. I didn't  copyright the word, and he's welcome to use it, but when I
used it I was  describing the neighborhood listservs as pieces of the quilt,
and they are sewn  together when we cross post messages from one neighborhood
to the next. Ditto  cross posting from one Partners Against Crime district
to the  next.

Had we  used Hartmut's system from the start, all would probably be well,
although the  possibility that it wouldn't remain free forever was a
reasonable concern. But  to switch over now could undermine the excellent
communication we all presently  enjoy (in my opinion).

Why fix  something that isn't broken? It's disturbing that he's using some
neighborhood's  name in marketing when he's been asked to stop.

Bill Anderson

In a message dated 2/6/2012 10:30:27 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,