[Durham INC] [rna] Re: Neighborship

Reyn Bowman reynbowman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 09:20:17 EST 2012

This raises a good question-how are we measuring whether the listserv
approach is working?  by the proportion of neighbors who have signed up? by
the proportion who actively participate versus lurk? the proportion who
tuned out? by whether the status quote is easier and changes harder?

I've often used the term "if it ain't broke" myself - but if that's the
measure we never would have moved out of snail mail to e-mail or from
individual e-mail to listserv.

As it was with listservs I doubt we move en mass too many new platform for
rather it will be left to some neighborhood or part of the neighborhood
that leads the way and demonstrate the value added.

Even in a community like Durham where innovation has long been woven into
the communities overarching personality, most of us tend at best to be
early adopters if not later willing adopters

But I'm personally grateful for those who are always pushing the envelope

Reyn Bowman