[Durham INC] SWCD should be at the table wrt Trinity Park Fitness Center site plan(s)

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 17:20:01 EDT 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Melissa Rooney <mmr121570 at yahoo.com>
To: "mike at mikewoodard.com" <mike at mikewoodard.com>
Sent: Thursday, 17 May 2012 5:19 PM
Subject: Re: [Durham INC] SWCD should be at the table wrt Trinity Park Fitness Center site plan(s)

Sorry, Mike and everyone else.

It was not my intention to insult City staff at all.

I just know that my recent personal assessment of projects in which SWCD has been involved (through CCAP and other programs) and those that have been done privately (one right down the street from my primary residence among others) has shown me that those in which SWCD has had input are much more effective in the long-term and aesthetically pleasing.

Again, I meant it as a general statement, that 'two heads are better than one', an adage of which I have seen proof regarding storm-water mitigation projects at schools and on private properties. I did not mean to point a finger at City Staff with this statement.

I have the utmost respect for our Planning Director and Planning Department and many employees of Stormwater Services and Public works as well.

Sorry again for the misunderstanding and any offense. Sometimes I forget the care with which emails should be worded :-)

Melissa (Rooney)