[Durham INC] BOCC replacement, take 2

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 14:06:53 EDT 2012

I am convinced that if Foster were a proponent of the 751 project, he would easily be nominated to replace Bowser in the interim. And Wendy Jacobs would be serving, instead of Karriker, in Becky Heron's place (as requested by Becky and supported by voters on May 8).

Foster's position on 751 has been unequivocal:

"Foster said he thought voters rewarded the candidates who stated their views with conviction and added that he’d be sticking by his opposition to 751 “all the way to the end.”

http://www.heraldsun.com/view/full_story/18505206/article-Anti-751-candidates-take-top-slots-for-commissioners--Bowser-out-

This is far better than the wishy washy positions of other primary candidates on this clearly important issue that has dominated the news for over a year now. If these other candidates don't have enough info to form an opinion by now, how can we voters be confident that they would bother to do any homework while on the BOCC? It is more likely these other 'undecided' candidates are proponents of the project but don't want to suffer any negative political consequences as a result, though they won't complain their implied position on 751 gets them nominated to fill Bowser's seat.

Melissa (Rooney)