[Durham INC] Does the Committee prohibit white candidates from their meeting(s)?

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 18:22:36 EDT 2012

Carl, I think the drama is b/w Darius and me (this is not out of the ordinary - smile), not the PA. This often happens with passionate people, as I am sure you well know. I hope it will not keep you from participating in or observing the PA in the future.

On another note...
I have been told that the Committee (for the affairs of black people) will only permit African Americans to their endorsement meetings and that even white candidates are not permitted to be physically present and, therefore, cannot speak to the Committee members in person about their platform and concerns...that this is prohibited by the Committee's by-laws.

Does anyone know if this is, in fact, the case? And if this prohibition only regards endorsement meetings or meetings in general?

I think we'd all agree that a person doesn't have to be African American to be an effective proponent for African Americans. By this rule, Robert and Ted Kennedy would have been prohibited from speaking at a Committee meeting.

Very interested in getting clarification on this.
Melissa