[Durham INC] New from the Rev-elution - Jeanne Lucas

Michael Brooks mbrooks at nc.rr.com
Wed May 23 19:33:46 EDT 2012

I'm certainly learning a lot from the ongoing (and I think ultimately
very constructive) dialogue lately.

A little gem of learning that popped out at me:

    "If being a white person means I have to make additional allowances
    for a rude person, merely because they're black... then that isn't
    love.  This is 'enabling'."

Maybe it's not enabling at all: it's that "turning the other cheek"
thing. And it's a whole lot harder than love.