[Durham INC] Fw: Fracking Bill Passes Senate

Ed Harrison ed.harrison at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 6 21:05:48 EDT 2012

I doubt that anyone reading this listserv's message has a legislator
who will support the fracking bill in the House unless it is changed
to the point of being unrecognizable -- and therefore acceptable to
supporters of environmental protection, local government powers, etc.
Our House members on this side of the Triangle have been among the
strongest opponents of the legislation so far. It could be changed a
lot, but am not counting on it.

I was in the Senate gallery for the floor debate described in the
initial email. It was not pleasant to hear the braying on and on, fact-
free,  of bill sponsor Senator Rucho of Mecklenburg County. He was
described in the lead to a recent Independent story as "a dentist with
drilling on the brain."

Ed H