[Durham INC] Literacy, not 751, is the crucial issue facing County Commissioners.

Richard Ford rbford at aim.com
Sat Jun 9 20:18:59 EDT 2012

This article from tomorrow's Durham News illustrates the important issue - literacy - that should be driving the Commissioner's race, not an obsession with the development of a troublesome parcel.

Have any of the Commissioner candidates or the PAC's laser-focused on literacy as our number one issue?  Are we wiling to let social issues or opposition to a particular development obscure what really needs to be done in Durham, while thousands cannot read sufficiently??.

44% of Durham school kids failed their reading tests  Will the County Commissioners pass theirs??

Child literacy should be Durham’s Job 1!!

http://www.thedurhamnews.com/2012/06/09/212243/child-literacy-should-be-durhams.html

Dick