[Durham INC] Literacy, not 751, is the crucial issue facing County Commissioners.

Richard Ford rbford at aim.com
Sun Jun 10 14:00:43 EDT 2012

Guess I'll have to pull out my dog-eared Rules for Radical to discover how "literacy" is another GOP trick.

So let's be sure to tell the parents and kids with reading difficulties that they'll just have to wait to learn to read until, as determined by Pat and Melissa, the world is remade into their Progressive Vision!

It never ceases to amaze me that folks cannot admit that the present literacy outcome is unacceptable and we must change our strategy.

The County is about to appropriate  $146M of our tax dollars for the DPS. I would hardly call that "indirect" involvement. As several Commissioners mentioned at our INC forum, they have the "power of the purse."  But do they have the will to use it??

I think we have a community problem calling for a community response, not partisan ripostes.

Dick