[Durham INC] petition for veto of state bills that loosen environmental regulations on local development

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 15 14:53:57 EDT 2012

With regard to my immediately previous email(s), I do want to clarify that I forwarded an email (along with its subject heading) sent to me regarding the petition for a veto of these bills that are loosening environmental safeguards on development and putting off the already delayed and increasingly costly (to the taxpayer) means to clean up the lake, as required by state and federal law.

The bills do not deal with forcing the city to provide water services to developments like 751 South (that bill was defeated but will likely rear its ugly head again in the future), but they do have a plethora of loopholes that let developers, 751 South and others, off the hook for much needed and much belated environmentally responsible development requirements.

Sorry again for any confusion.
I always try to correct any errors/confusion as soon as I learn of it.
Sincerely,
Melissa Rooney