[Durham INC] FW: Notice for initial public review for UDO text amendments TC1200005- Farmers' Markets and Commercial Crop Production; and TC1200006- Electronic Gaming Establishments

chloe palenchar cpalenchar at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 27 13:09:09 EDT 2012

I'm no composting expert, I just have a backyard compost that I tend as well I have time/energy/knowledge of-- however, I was under the impression that a enclosed container can help prevent a compost pile from becoming an insect/rodent feeder. But, if the farm board is concerned by the restriction, I suspect there's something I don't know. Can someone explain a little bit about best practices that reduce rodent/insect populations using the compost as food? (I do know that not including meat/dairy in compost makes it a much less enticing food source to rodents in general.)

thanks,

chloe