[Durham INC] Broken Sewer Main and Goose Creek

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 2 15:30:38 EDT 2012

I disagree with you here, Darius.
The 751 South developers and developers of other projects have argued that their runoff pollution is a drop in the bucket compared to the pollution caused by Durham sewer leaks. At the end of the day, we need to fix both.

 A tax increase now, to provide better oversight and maintenance of sewer lines, will save Durham taxpayers more money in the long run -- when we fail to live up to the Clean Water Act and Jordan Lake requirements.

Melissa