[Durham INC] Orange-transit-deal-eyes-new-revenue-for-existing-service Herald Sun

Richard Ford rbford at aim.com
Thu Oct 11 15:48:10 EDT 2012

Since INC passed a resolution lasting year supporting the Durham County Transit Tax, I thought you would be interested in this development from Orange County.

Apparently there is a proposed agreement to permit  the new tax revenue (should the OC referendum be approved)  to be used to  support existing services, rather than to establish new ones exclusively.  This story lays out situation pretty well.

Would not this provision also apply to Durham County's Transit Tax revenue??

Also I attended a public meeting in Chapel Hill earlier this week. The transit plan was presented as more two separate systems, one for Wake and one for Durham Orange, better reflecting actual commuting patterns, than a Triangle plan.

http://www.heraldsun.com/view/full_story/20437623/article-Orange-transit-deal-eyes-new-revenue-for-existing-service?

Dick