[Durham INC] Please INVITE Neighborhoods to the Awards Tomorrow

Interneighborhood Council interneighborhoodcouncil at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 10:37:48 EDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

Please take a few minutes to invite people in your neighborhood to the
Neighborhood Heroes Awards tomorrow night at Motorco.  Particularly if your
neighborhood has a winner, let others in the neighborhood know that they're
invited, and that the awards are more meaningful if a lot of friends and
neighbors show up.  This event is FREE, and open to everyone.

*I'm not a member of most neighborhood list servs, so I can't send out
these invitations for you.  It's up to you.*
*
*
You can find a complete list of the winners here:

http://www.durham-inc.org

Thanks for helping.

John Martin, President
InterNeighborhood Council of Durham

P.S.  Below is an announcement I sent to the Old West Durham listserv.
 Please feel free to adapt it for your neighborhood winners.

*Old West Durhamites:

Tomorrow night, Tuesday, October 23, the InterNeighborhood Council of
Durham will give Neighborhood Hero awards to John Schelp, Helen Compton and
Heather Gavilan because of the work they have done for Old West Durham.

You're invited to the celebration/party at Motorco (corner of West Geer St.
and Riggsbee Ave.) at 7 p.m.  It's free!

Heather and Helen are being recognized for organizing the Backpacks for
Kids program at E.K. Powe school, and for running the E.K. Powe food
pantry.  John Schelp is being honored for multiple reasons:  his years as
president of the neighborhood association; his history tours; his countless
hours spent on zoning and planning issues; his preservation of West Durham
artifacts and historical items.  What hasn't he done?

Winning these awards is meaningful, but what will matter most is for
friends and neighbors like you to show up tomorrow night and tell them that
you appreciate what they've done. Let's have a great turn-out from Old West
Durham.

I'll see you tomorrow night.