[Durham INC] INVITE People to the Awards Tomorrow

John Martin bulldurhamnc at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 22 09:54:19 EDT 2012

Hi Everyone,
Please take a few minutes to invite people in your neighborhood to the Neighborhood Heroes Awards tomorrow night at Motorco.  Particularly if your neighborhood has a winner, let others in the neighborhood know that they're invited, and that the awards are more meaningful if a lot of friends and neighbors show up.  This event is FREE, and open to everyone.
I'm not a member of most neighborhood list servs, so I can't send out these invitations for you.  It's up to you.
You can find a complete list of the winners here:
http://www.durham-inc.org
Thanks for helping.
John Martin, PresidentInterNeighborhood Council of Durham
P.S.  Below is an announcement I sent to the Old West Durham listserv.  Please feel free to adapt it for your neighborhood winners.
Old West Durhamites:
Tomorrow night, Tuesday, October 23, the InterNeighborhood Council of Durham will give Neighborhood Hero awards to John Schelp, Helen Compton and Heather Gavilan because of the work they have done for Old West Durham.
You're invited to the celebration/party at Motorco (corner of West Geer St. and Riggsbee Ave.) at 7 p.m.  It's free!
Heather and Helen are being recognized for organizing the Backpacks for Kids program at E.K. Powe school, and for running the E.K. Powe food pantry.  John Schelp is being honored for multiple reasons:  his years as president of the neighborhood association; his history tours; his countless hours spent on zoning and planning issues; his preservation of West Durham artifacts and historical items.  What hasn't he done?
Winning these awards is meaningful, but what will matter most is for friends and neighbors like you to show up tomorrow night and tell them that you appreciate what they've done. Let's have a great turn-out from Old West Durham.
I'll see you tomorrow night.
John Martin, PresidentInterNeighborhood Council of Durham