[Durham INC] list of organizations to help the homeless/needy

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 30 18:20:00 EST 2012

As the holidays draw nearer, I find it is harder for me to not give money to the people standing at the stoplights, though I make it a point to give money to organizations that help such people and not to the people themselves. Sometimes I hand them a breakfast bar or pack of pretzels, if I happen to have something like this in my car.

I was wondering if members of the INC listserv can help me compile a list of all the organizations that are available to homeless people and people in need, including programs available for veterans and including the address and contact information for all organizations.

I'd like to compile a one page document that I can print and hand to people asking for help at street corners or anywhere I encounter them, really.

Of course, I will pass on the file to the INC listserv in case others want to follow suit.

Thanks for your help!
Melissa (Rooney)