[Durham INC] Planting lawns and fertilizer management

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 19 18:47:01 EDT 2013

Tis the season for growing lawns...
Everyone, please ask any landscapers you talk to if they are participating in the fertilizer reduction program outlined in the Jordan Lake rules.

If you dont mind, i would love it if you contacted me and let me know what answers you get (and be whom). I would like to assess whether outsourced landscaping companies are actually doing this (it is required, but there is no enforcement). It shiuod also help keep your landscaping and fertilizer costs low.

Please forward this info to you neighborhood listservs as a request and reminder.

More info below, particularly the first link:

http://portal.ncdenr.org/web/jordanlake/fertilizer-management

http://www.heraldsun.com/durhamherald/x670461446/Homeowners-asked-to-participate-in-nutrient-reduction

Thx in advance!

Melissa (Rooney)