[Durham INC] Fw: Changes to City Unified Development Ordinance effective June 1, 2013

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 1 13:35:29 EDT 2013

See below. Does anyone know if there is anything to thos that we citizens need to worry about (loose language, loopholes, etc.)?

Also, Why havent the city and county versions of the UDO been streamlined, so that they are consistent? Take the more stringent requirements of each and put them into a cohesive UDO. This way, developers cant shop around for the version that restricts them the least. It would also prevent a lot of time (for both city/county staff and development teams) and should prevent double rezoning cases - go to the county, and if they reject you, go to the city...it is a waste of everyone's time and resources, especially for citizens (who arent paid for their vigilance and input).

In thks regard, why cant we do the same with the Jordan and Falls Lakes Rules (once they are finalized, of ever). Consistency not only makes sense, it saves time and money (and confusion!).

Melissa (Rooney)