[Durham INC] Link to 751 Bill: being voted on EARLY TOMORROW in the House

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 18:36:00 EDT 2013

Link to the 751 bill in current form: http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/BillLookUp/BillLookUp.pl?Session=2013&BillID=s315

This was originally the Durham Police Station design bill (and Mike Woodard was a co sponsor). Sent to House, was gutted, now out to the rules committee as the Durham 751 Bill.
Contact your state legislators, especially Senator McKissick, and write letters to the N&O editor...do anything you can think of to let the GA know that most of Durham opposes this!
It is not the place of state government to dictate what local gov'ts can or cannot do.
It is ironic, actually, given that I was always taught (by my Republican parents in my Republican hometown) that Republicans were for grass-roots, local gov't over state and federal control. This was the main reason I was Republican until grad school.
Melissa (Rooney)