[Durham INC] Fw: 751 South Bill Attached

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 11 18:24:18 EDT 2013

See attached. This was originally the Durham Police Station design bill (and Mike Woodard was a co sponsor). Sent to House, was gutted, now out to the rules committee as the Durham 751 Bill.
Contact your state legislators, write letters to the N&O editor...
It is not the place of state government to dictate what local gov'ts do.
It is ironic, actually, given that I was always taught (by my Republican parents in my Republican hometown) that Republicans were for grass-roots, local gov't over state and federal control. This was the main reason I was Republican until grad school.
Melissa (Rooney)