[Durham INC] Tonight mtg; UPDATE from DENR/Billy Meyer re: One Hour Martinizing; DATA temporary route

Laura Drey lauradrey at ncrrbiz.com
Thu Dec 5 17:04:20 EST 2013

I want to remind you that today the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR)'s DSCA program is holding a public information session about injecting the BB&T site (now called One Hour Martinizing) and updating people about continuing remediation of the site that is contaminated with dry cleaning chemicals. DSCA staff will make a presentation and than open the meeting for questions and concerns from members of the public.

Thursday, December 5

George Watts Montessori Elementary School's cafeteria
700 Watts Street from 7 - 8:30 pm.

Please read the attached and make arrangements to attend tonights meeting.

For the December update see the email below from Billy Meyer, project manager for the One Hour Martinizing site (located at Watts St and Club Blvd.)

You may contact Billy Meyer at 919-707-8366 or write him at <billy.meyer at ncdenr.gov> to receive monthly updates and/or if you have questions or comments about the injection or other parts of the Remedial Action Plan (RAP), the scheduling or other matters.

DSCA's contractor, Hart & Hickman, began working on the site in the fall and the proposed subsurface injection locations have changed since the Remedial Action Plan (RAP) was adopted. If you are interested in reading the sections of the Remedial Action Plan (RAP) that deal with injection see a previous attachment.

What I am asking for is that environmental and/or political allies, elected officials and staff and Durham residents form an alliance because strength lies in numbers when dealing with community environmental problems (including contamination at dry cleaning sites).

-----

> DATA's #1 Northgate route is temporarily using Englewood and Watts St. I have seen a bus idling in front of the Family Church (in the area of the proposed injection site) on Watts St. before turning onto Club Blvd. If you would like information about the bus route call DATA at 919.560.3282 and ask to speak with Matt in the customer service department.

Laura Drey

-------

I added emphases.