[Durham INC] New development items

Pat pats1717 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 1 07:27:12 EST 2014

These meetings and hearings to discuss development items are mostly passed, but I am including all the notices I finally got around to picking up, to let you know what activity is going.  Items are arranged by when meetings occur, from last to first
At Durham City Council, March 11UDI proposal to change the Comprehensive Plan Map for 2.6 acres on E. Cornwallis, near Villages of Cornwallis, from Office to Low Density Residential.  Since at least of the property is along a creek and is marked "green space," this makes sense to me.
At Durham City Council, March 3 (these were both Planning Commission items in the last e-mail I sent out on developments)Fifty-Four Plaza -- Rezone from CN to CG with development plan, Miami Blvd. near Wake/Durham lineBeth Page Village revisions, Page and Chin Page Road
At Board of Adjustment, February 25Just Right Academy (60 students, mostly special needs?), to operate in residential zone, on Erwin Road Triangle Baptist Church, to construct a church in residential zone, just south of Falconbridge (they had been moved into the city, maybe to get water, at the Feb.17th meeting of City Council)Request to reduce parking by more than 20% on OI property, 4007 North Roxboro, near hospital
Neighborhood meeting, Feb 20th, they don't say what they want to re-zone too, but it is a big chunk of land near Briar Creek, on Andrews Chapel Road and Del Webb Arbor Drive, just south of Leesville.
Neighborhood meeting, Feb 12th, 3 acres at corner of Hebron and Danube, re-zoning to OI (which would permit small day care or medical office, they say, but actually a lot of other things they don't say).
Planning Commission, February 11Comprehensive Plan Map amendment for changes within the Village of Rougemont, making the commercial area more of a downtown than a strip alone Red Mountain Road (this seems like progress to me)Akai Creek Phase II, denser residential, moved into the city, two separate parcels in a development that was already a mix of lower and higher residential, of Scott King Road, near Herndon Chapel Creek, going from medium density residential to mixed use, and from county to city, as part of proposed transit corridor, near NC54 and I40.