[Durham INC] Fwd: FW: Share your thoughts on the Durham-Orange Light Rail (D-OLRT) project!!!

Angel Romero aromero at ibiblio.org
Fri Oct 10 07:08:16 EDT 2014

Light rail works if it's designed the right away. Most developed
countries do not have railroad intersections at the same level. Either
bridges or tunnels (or trenches) are made to prevent the problem you are
referring to. In fact, many countries build tunnels for trains in urban
areas and the reclaimed surface area becomes extremely valuable real
estate. If the light rail in our area is built with crossings at the
same level, I agree with you that it's a a bad idea because it will
indeed generate traffic backups and eventually some accident.

Angel Romero
http://worldmusiccentral.org