[Durham INC] [OWDNA] Pruning City Trees

Don Moffitt don.moffitt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 07:02:48 EST 2014

I don't disagree with Rodrigo, although I personally would use less
inflammatory language. I didn't say that Duke Energy did a great job
pruning. I've spent a lot of time talking to their arborists, and to the
city's, and I do not like the result of Duke's work. There's a long story
there about length of pruning cycles, reliability of major transmission
circuits, amount of wood removed and Duke's concerns vs. the city's
concerns. I'll share that with anyone that wants the long story.

When Duke started their current pruning cycle I sent emails to the
listserve and INC, and Duke contacted every household that will be
affected, and there was very little interest. Duke held a public meeting
which seven people attended. Duke will be pruning the circuit along West
Club, probably sometime in the next few months.

Don