[Durham INC] Durham Mardi Gras: further weather update, revised plans

Debra Hawkins dhawkins913311 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 15:02:06 EST 2015

*** Please Cross Post ***

Further update from Durham Mardi Gras Organizers (apologies, computer crash from 10am-now prevented cross posting.)

We’ve been outside on foot and in cars and, sigh, have decided to cancel the parade and block party for today. There IS still power, so we are contacting some of the bands to see if they can safely come out to play. There is already a contingent of Bulltown Strutters who will be able to make it, Motorco's Parts & Labor and the Pit probably have food on hand, and the mango hurricanes did make a return appearance on Saturday at Motorco.

The start time and much-earlier-than-planned end time will be announced as the day unfolds - we ask that you all use your best judgment on whether you can make a safe trip to downtown Durham. Please check our website at www.durhammardigras.com for updates throughout today.

We will be looking into options for rescheduling the parade and block party and, when we know, you will know.

The bull times are still rolling!

--
http://www.durhammardigras.com/
FB: Durham Mardi Gras