[Durham INC] Tree planting events this Saturday - Volunteers needed!

Freid, Tobin L. tfreid at dconc.gov
Wed Mar 4 16:51:51 EST 2015

Due to our wintery weather the past two weeks, we have had to pack two volunteer tree planting events into one exciting day!  We will be planting a total of 200 trees this Saturday and we need your help.

Saturday, March 7th
10:00-12:00 in Old North Durham.  Meet in Bay-Hargrove Park (208 Hargrove Street)

1:00-3:00 in Northgate Park. Meet in the park pavilion at the end of the parking lot off of Acadia Street.

You can just show up, but if you register then we can contact you in case there is a change in plans.  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1M1kb1O090HW9c1ztEFOQFqcsFy3bHSPgUvF-Mc0acD0/viewform

We will have tools available, but feel free to bring your own if you would like.

We will also be celebrating Arbor Day on March 14th with a tree planting event in Old West Durham.  1:00-3:00 Meet in the Greystone Baptist Church Parking lot, 2601 Hillsborough Road.

And if you want FREE trees to plant in your own yard or neighborhood, come find us at the Food Truck Rodeo this Sunday in Durham Central Park.  Trees Across Durham and Keep Durham Beautiful will have several species of trees available and the Master Gardeners will be there to help you pick out just the right one(s) for your yard.

Tobin L. Freid
Sustainability Manager
Durham City & County
(919) 560-7999