[Durham INC] Fwd: Pls distribute to your k-2 grade teachers

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 13:14:39 EST 2016

For those of you who teach, know teachers or have kids in elementary school, please distribute the information below to K-2 teachers you know.
The info pertains to the K-2 Durham Soil and Water Conservation District's (SWCD) bookmark contest (due date May 9).
The SWCD is both a state and county funded organization whose supervisors are elected by popular vote every 3 years.
It is also the organization that helps address (and fund mitigation for) the plethora of stormwater-related issues in many schools and neighborhoods throughout Durham County.

The science that can be incorporated into this bookmark contest fulfills NC core curricula requirements for K-2.

I hope we can get a lot of participants this year.

Thanks!
Melissa Rooney
(I’m an associate supervisor on the SWCD as well as a caring Durham and DPS parent)