[Durham INC] The Atlantic Article Re: Durham's Revitalization...

Melissa Rooney Writing melissarooneywriting at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 20:52:59 EDT 2016

Not sure this has been posted on the INC list yet (been out of town with NO cell/internet/connection, and it was heavenly), but this Atlantic Article discusses Durham’s revitalization versus gentrification in a way that makes me quite proud, ironically.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/03/the-downside-of-durhams-rebirth/476277/ <http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/03/the-downside-of-durhams-rebirth/476277/>

Will Durham manage to avoid the largest of the ills of revitalization (a.k.a. gentrification)?
Thanks to people like Jillian Johnson and Ann Woodward and organizations like the INC, I am definitely hopeful.

Melissa (Rooney)