[Durham INC] County Jail Forum Hosted By Human Relations Commission Of Durham

risafoster at aol.com risafoster at aol.com
Tue Sep 13 21:28:36 EDT 2016

Hi Guys,

You have probaby heard me talk about this forum we have been working on, well, please come, you won't want to miss it.

On any given day, the Durham County jail, located in the heart of downtown Durham, holds approximately 500 people, many of whom live in the city of Durham.
In response to concerns by Durham city residents, the Durham Human Relations Commission will host a Town Hall for the community to better understand the impact of the Durham County Jail on our city.
The forum will include speakers from a range of perspectives, including letters received from people inside the jail, as well as provide an opportunity for questions from the community.

Presenters will include speakers from the Inside Outside Alliance, Durham County Sheriff's Office, Southern Coalition for Social Justice, and 14th Judicial District Court.
(See flyer for complete names and information) This is the last reminder of the very important forum the Human Relations Commission has arranged for the citizens of Durham. You won't want to miss this, please come.
I have also attached the flyer of the event, in spanish and english.
Town Hall Forum: The Impact of the Durham County Jail on Durham City Residents
Presented by: Durham Human Relations Commission
September 15, 2016
City Council Chambers, 101 City Plaza
6 to 8 p.m.