[Durham INC] Durham Roots Farmers' Market at Brightleaf Square!

Will Wilson willwilsn at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 12:09:51 EST 2019

The Roots Farmers' Market is excited to announce that we're moving to
the historic Brightleaf Square for its fourth market season! Our
Saturday market at Brightleaf, located at W Main and Gregson Streets,
runs from April 6th to November 23rd between 9am and noon. Tents will be
set up within the Square and the W. Peabody St. parking lot.

Durham County's Farmland Preservation Board started this market because
preserving Durham County's farms requires providing more opportunities
for Durham County farmers and horticulturalists to sell their products.
Although our focus is on Durham County agricultural producers, we
heartily welcome small and beginning farmers from Orange, Person, and
Granville counties to encourage our next generation of regional producers.

Confirmed produce vendors include Dandies, Toad Hill, Red Bird, and
Chickpea Farms, and protein vendors Caywood, Family Farmstead, and Eight
Arrows. Produce availability in the early weeks are, of course, subject
to Spring growing conditions.

The market seeks volunteers for a variety of needs, including market
hosting, social media, and outreach. Contact us at
durhamrootsfm at gmail.com. Producers interested in becoming vendors can
find our 2019 rules and application at durhamroots.org (we don't accept
craft vendors).