[Durham INC] County Convenience Sites to Keep 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Hours of Operation Year-round

Jones, Henry R. hrjones at dconc.gov
Thu Feb 21 12:33:01 EST 2019

NEWS RELEASE

For Immediate Release                                                 Date: 02/21/19
Contact: Public Information Office                            Phone: (919) 560-0000/Fax: (919) 560-0020
E-mail: publicinformationoffice at dconc.gov<mailto:publicinformationoffice at dconc.gov>

County Convenience Sites to Keep 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Hours of Operation Year-round

Durham, N.C. - In previous years, the Durham County Convenience Sites have changed their hours to coincide with beginning and end of Daylight Saving Time. This year, however, when the clocks spring forward all four sites will maintain the current 7 a.m.-6 p.m. operating schedule permanently.

This change allows staff to keep the sites well-maintained and working a full capacity during hours of operation. Durham County operates the four convenience sites to offer residents drop-off service for recycling and disposal of residential trash, white goods, and yard waste. A reminder that all residents must display the beige 2018-2019 Solid Waste Decal in order to use these services.

"We are making the 7 a.m.-6 p.m. schedule year-round because we have found it helps our overall maintenance and management of the sites," said Chrissie Koroivui, Solid Waste Program Manager for Durham County General Services. "It allows us to shift employee work schedules so that they can work together on some of our larger maintenance tasks. This improves our cost efficiency by reducing the need to send additional crews to assist with those tasks."

Site locations include:

  *   Bahama - 9008 Quail Roost Road, Bahama, 27503
  *   Redwood - 100 Electra Road, Durham, 27704
  *   Rougemont - 108 Bill Poole Road, Rougemont, 27572
  *   Parkwood - 5928 Highway 55, Durham, 27713

For more information about solid waste and recycling services offered to citizens of Durham County, please contact the Solid Waste Division of the Durham County General Services Department at (919) 560-0433 or visit their web page at www.dconc.gov/recycling<http://www.dconc.gov/recycling>.

###