[Durham INC] Thursday - FREE concert feat: CAJAMMERS Cajun band + 2X AWARD WINNING trucks @ 8th annual N'gate Park Food Truck Season opener, 5-8pm

Debra Hawkins dhawkins913311 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 00:01:59 EDT 2019

Put on a happy face....skies cleared-up for springy weather, 0% rain but
chance of great fun as  <https://www.facebook.com/Cajammers/> Cajammers
return to Northgate Park! They loved us and we loved them so much, they're
playing our fab 8th Annual Season Opener! Joy Joy!

Those who've heard or danced to this great Cajun band at the
<https://www.facebook.com/DurhamMardiGras/> Durham Mardi Gras or
<https://www.facebook.com/mobodurham/> Monkey Bottom Collaborative know what
a great time is on tap. *** No cover charge, but *** our musicians do sing
for their supper, so REMINDER: please bring a little foldin' green (aka
gratuity!) for them besides your plastic for dinner orders!
------------------------------
** The Truck Lineup: **
------------------------------
THERE'S AWESOME DINNER TRUCK NEWS BUT WE'RE HAVING DESSERT FIRST FOR A SUPER
SPECIAL REASON....Because BREAKING: MOBILE CUISINE DESSERT TRUCK OF THE YEAR
will be in OUR RODEO!

Congrats *  <https://www.facebook.com/ChezMoiBakery/> Chez Moi - A Baking
Renaissance...Experience the Awakening! owner
<https://www.facebook.com/rhondalorainejones> Rhonda Loraine Jones, winner
of this popular trade journal's 2018 contest & survey. Scores of trucks
competed, over 6,000 votes were cast by customers, and this October our Durm
local woman entrepreneur came out on top! So now you just *have* to get
along and try her amazing confections this Thursday, and tell her a big
CHEERS! for her crowning as NATIONAL QUEEN OF DESSERT! :D

*  <https://www.facebook.com/fahsyrahs/> Fahsyrah's Lemonade - Something
wonderful to wash down a tasty dessert creation, the Knight family are
always here and reliable with their delicious thirst quenchers - including
takeaway bottles for heading home with!

Dinner/Savory Food Trucks - MORE BREAKING NEWS:

NEW TO RODEO: SEAFOOD SENSATION  <https://www.facebook.com/Shrimptrucknc/>
The Shrimp Truck is in the house!!! AWARD-WINNING shrimp tacos, plus garlic
fried with fries or quesadilla style (for the non-pescatorian,
quesadilla-hold-the-fish) - have them the way you like best! Or watch for
other specials (Tamales, if we're lucky or something else!)

*  <https://www.facebook.com/bampowchow/> Bam Pow Chow heading back to the
park with all their delicacies - flank steak & pork sliders, brisket/oxtail
burgers, truffle sweet potato fries, carni or veggie pho, poke, berry
cheesecake cronuts...what else??? Come check out what will be on tap with
these eclectic cuisine artists.

*  <https://www.facebook.com/Soomsoompitapockets/> Soomsoom Pita Pockets -
tasty Mediterranean / Lebanese treats for all, with Veggie options including
both classic go-to dishes you love and some flavorful and different new
offerings especially cauliflower creations! Absolutely yummy sauces,
everything so satisfying!

(Note: roster of vendors always subject to last minute changes pending
contingencies - life happens /
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/streetfoodrealities> #streetfoodrealities
!)

***********************
Got things to do @ home? Swing by for take-home dinner pickup (for self or
family) instead of cooking -- so you can get right home to whatcha wanna do!

***********************
Want to join the truck lineup with your mobile food? Contact Farrah our
coordinator at farrahhs at gmail.com.

Want to feature your talents (music, dance, poetry, theatrical or
improv/comedic chops?) at a rodeo? Get in touch with Deb Hawkins at
dhawkins913311 at gmail.com.
--------------------------------------
Association reps will be around for Northgaters who want to join/renew
membership to NPNA (New membership year begins this month!) & to answer
questions about neighborhood topics and activities!

Thanks for coming out & see you there! ~ your NPNA BoD

Renew/Join/Support your NPNA (new member year starts now!) :
www.northgateparknc.org <http://www.northgateparknc.org>  (Click on 'join'
bottom center of mainpage)

Facebook event link -  location/directions, roster updates, weather
(Like/Follow/Subscribe events) -
https://www.facebook.com/events/408645626374776/